The 4328P features RMC® Room Mode Correction, JBL's exclusive technology that automatically analyzes and corrects the response of each speaker in the room for absolute accuracy at the mix position.
438H Low Frequency Transducer
The 8" woofer utilizes a powerful, shielded neodymium magnet of light weight which can be used in close proximity to CRT-type monitors with no interference. The transducer utilizes a copper-clad polepiece that improves high frequency output by reducing voice coil inductance. A copper ribbon voice coil ensures high sensitivity, and a flux shorting ring stabilizes the magnetic field in the gap, reducing distortion. Heat sinking has been placed close to the magnetic gap in order to draw out heat as efficiently as possible. The cone is polymer coated for uniformity of response over the woofer's passband.
431G High Frequency Transducer
The high frequency transducer has a treated silk diaphragm that produces uniform and smooth sound. Its flat ribbon aluminum voice coil ensures low moving mass and enables the transducer to achieve response out to 22 kHz. A light weight neodymium magnet structure with integral heat sinking, along with Ferrofluid in the magnetic gap, enable the transducer to produce high peak output levels with minimal power compression. The magnet structure is integrally shielded, enabling the system to be used in proximity to CRT-type monitors with no interference.
Bi-amplified Power System
The LSR4328P incorporates two high power amplifiers that provide 150 Watts of power to the low frequency transducer and 70 Watts of power to the high frequency transducer. A precision digital dividing network having high-order Linkwitz-Riley slope characteristics for smooth transition between transducers, results in exceptional imaging and lack of time smear. The circuitry also yields a tonal-artifact-free noise floor.
Network and Digital Features
The LSR4300 Series utilizes the Harman HiQnetâ„¢ network protocol that allows centralized control of a multi-channel system from a from any speakerâ€™s front panel, wireless remote control, or computer via a standard USB connection and LSR4300 Control Center Software. The network is configured using supplied CAT5 cable and by setting a DIP switch on each speaker. Harman HiQnet also enables synchronized RMC calibration of all speakers on the network.
- Advanced Linear Spatial Reference design ensures flatter-off-axis response for greater clarity at the mix position
- RMC® Room Mode Correction provides electronic control of room modes.
- Integrated bi-amplification with factory calibrated sensitivities.
- Silk dome transducer with Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal waveguide for precise pattern control.
- Magnetically shielded transducers minimize interference when used in close proximity to video monitors.
- Reinforced enclosure and convenient mounting points for mounted installation.
- Integral handles facilitate ease of positioning.
- Frequency Response:
+/-1.5 dB: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- -3 dB: 43 Hz - 22 kHz
- -10 dB: 35 Hz - 32 kHz
- SPL/1m (Continuous/Peak): 106 dB / 112 dB
- Transducers: 8 in 438H / 1 in 431G; Self Shielded Neodymium Motor Structures
- Sensitivity +4 dBu, -10 dBV: 96 dB / 1m
- Amplification: 150 w/ 70 w
- Digital Processing: 24 Bit, 96 kHz
- Analog Inputs: XLR, 1/4" Balanced, +4 dBu, -10 dBV
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU XLR, S/PDIF RCA
- Data Connections: Harman HiQnet® Network, USB, RMC Mic
- Weight: 13.1 kg (29 lb)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) :
- 438 mm x 267 mm x 269 mm
- 17.25 in x 10.5 in x 10.6 in